after 4 years of dreaming, i'm finally doing it... quitting my stable corporate job, and hitting the road on a solo climbing trip. from the countdown to the big move out west... here we go!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

non tylenol-3 induced rambling

so yesterday i was playing Damian for the Tetris Worlds household championship, and i was thinking.... why don't i quit my job tomorrow? it was tough enough to make it into work on Monday, I set a few things up from home to run at the office in the morning and then didn't make it in until 11am. I just couldn't be motivated.

So then later on when I was syringing my tooth holes (one of the beautiful side effects of being wisdom tooth liberated) I got to thinking - why don't I quit my job tomorrow? I couldn't think of any good reason to wait until Thursday... why sit in meetings all week planning for the future when i've got resignation on the brain?

Today I wrote my resignation letter first thing in the morning. I brought it into my manager and said something along the lines of "I was going to do this later in the week but, well, here" and handed it to him. In case he was wondering, I mumbled something about two week's notice. Just being clear that i'm not staying three weeks, or two weeks and a day, but two weeks exactly. i'm leaving on a tuesday then. How strange is that?
Overall it went well. He was happy for me and congratulated me. The letter went out informing the rest of the department later on in the afternoon.
What an experience! It was quite surreal. It's still quite surreal. I was trying to sleep, as most people around this time of the night, and my brain is racing, as always. I feel like a prison sentence was lifted and i'm free to go. Think that's harsh language? I've been with that company since I was 21 - I joined before I even finished college, and before that I was working full-time hours at a part-time job during college. So yeah, I'm ready for a break.

Just rambling again, but it's non-violent rambling at least. Not like the last time.... the T-3 induced rant about life. a life rant. just what every insomniac needs!

Two more paycheques to go, and then i'm gainfully unemployed.

Wow, i'm really doing this aren't I? Uh-oh, not going down that thought road again, if memory serves me correctly, then I finished the last post that way, instantly felt nauseous and went to lay down on the bathroom floor until the urge to regurgitate my stomach contents passed.

What is it about the bathroom floor that seems to cure nausea? I'm guessing it's the proximity to the toilet, so the pressure's off: need to puke? fret not! puking recepticle close at hand!

So yeah. I'm really doing this. I can finally allow myself to plan for my trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home