after 4 years of dreaming, i'm finally doing it... quitting my stable corporate job, and hitting the road on a solo climbing trip. from the countdown to the big move out west... here we go!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

short post


my feet stink and i couldn't be happier.

having stinky feet means that i've been climbing again - that rank smell that comes after days of climbing and then transferring said climbing-shoe-feet into socks and approach shoes.

the weather is funny here... it's normally quite sunny and warm for the weekdays and then the weekends are rainy and miserable. last friday was hot, and i took my signature hot-day-rest-day. the rain began on friday night and finally stopped on monday afternoon.

i have determined that i am the sort of person that needs to be in the sun, and i also confirmed my hatred for socks. socks are evil; feet should be free. so it would appear that i conducted a sort of behavioural science experiment on myself - removing all positive stimuli (sun, climbing) and replacing it with a hostile environment (rain, wind, socks). I came through it okay and had some beautifully introspective time hanging out in the woods in the rain either with complete strangers, or being (blissfully) alone.

climbing is back on and my friend pete has returned. his catches are so super soft and i'm still working the same route i mentioned earlier. it stands at minimum one fall, and i'm finding that just having a week away from sport climbing has killed my endurance. looking forward to pencharz' arrival on monday to continue the sport climbing trend.

here i am on Violator - easily my favourite route thus far:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Violator: Throw, crank, set feet. Repeat until at anchors.

9:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog makes my hands sweat! We miss you Jessica, keep it up!

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home