after 4 years of dreaming, i'm finally doing it... quitting my stable corporate job, and hitting the road on a solo climbing trip. from the countdown to the big move out west... here we go!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

homeless homecoming

i really pushed yesterday. i drove from about 6am until 1am this morning.

when i was trying to decide on a place to sleep, i asked myself, "where do i want to wake up on my birthday?" there was only one answer - by the ocean. i grew up on the east coast, very close to the ocean and i've missed it since i moved. my entire eight years in toronto, something didn't quite feel right.

i parked by a picnic area on the west coast of washington state. i know it's a different ocean then the one i grew up by, but the sounds and smells are the same. i just went for a quiet walk on the beach with the sunrise.

amazing. when i knew i was going to be on the road for my birthday, i was trying to plan something to do, somewhere to be, but i really preferred the surprise results.
I'm just south of Seattle, and i'm going home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You!

Much love,
Eryn & Howie

2:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey happy birthday. I've also enjoyed your blog and hope the people are kinder up in BC.

5:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess - this is a day late but Happy Birthday anyway.
I discovered you had this blog just recently and read most of it one evening. It sounds like you have had an amazing experience but I can see you are an even more remarkable lady than I realized. I've been feeling a little turmoil lately but your candid sharing has helped me keep things in perspective a little. Stay strong, enjoy wherever you're at. Be a queen of your own making. Most of all, thank you for sharing.
tCY.

10:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home