after 4 years of dreaming, i'm finally doing it... quitting my stable corporate job, and hitting the road on a solo climbing trip. from the countdown to the big move out west... here we go!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

oh, canada

i'm in the middle of idaho, continuing my run for the border. this trip had to end sometime, and it's just been tough to focus on another two weeks of "drifting" before my return to the quasi-real world.

the decision feels great, and the road is treating me well. i think i'm out of the desert by now. well, there's grass instead of cacti, so i'm guessing i'm out of the desert. i was there for three months. there is lots of time to think now about the big life change approaching quickly. i'm ready to find a job, and ready to not live in my car anymore. it was another uncomfortable night.

i hope that i'll be able to take these experiences with me, that i'll be able to remain calm and continue in my endeavours to understand people's behaviour rather than react to it.

besides, i can think of no better way to spend my birthday eve, within the context of a roadtrip. i was hoping for some super inspiration at all those parks in utah. and though the sights were the most beautiful i've seen, and the most unique, i just couldn't think with so many people around me.

i'm cruising back to the border, i can think of no better place to spend my birthday than back in canada.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and best wishes for the future. It's been great reading your blog these months. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experiences.

I'm sorry your experience at Indian Creek was so negative. However since it percipitated your decision to end the trip and high tail it to Canada, it might turn out to be a good thing. You sound happy to be spending your birthday in Canada.

1:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!

6:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home