after 4 years of dreaming, i'm finally doing it... quitting my stable corporate job, and hitting the road on a solo climbing trip. from the countdown to the big move out west... here we go!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

what do you mean, the countdown is over?


I have been dreaming about doing a trip like this for a few years now. I've been counting down to our goal to move out west for two years. The countdown to this actual trip started about two months ago. What do you do when the countdown is over? I'm expecting some sort of heavy-duty shock to set in soon....

Damian and I already said our see-you-later's. I saw him off to work early this morning - I'm not interested in a tearful tail lights down the road, kerchief out the window sort of good-bye. Besides, he'll be visiting me in Alabama in less than two weeks, so we'll delay the tearful good-bye for then.

So the packing begins! Attached is a pic of all the stuff I have to fit in my little car. Since the end result of this trip is a move to BC, i'm bringing more than i (probably) need. Besides, being prepared for trad, sport and bouldering means i have a LOT of gear.

Time to pack up, including the laptop. This is all still very surreal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay Jessica!

umm, i mean yay that you're following your dream, not yay that you're leaving.

i missed out on your farewell session @ oasis -- soz. (loser = me --> I went home & slept friday) sigh.

i look forward to hearing about your adventures. take care!

ps. pls say hi to eryn for me.

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home