after 4 years of dreaming, i'm finally doing it... quitting my stable corporate job, and hitting the road on a solo climbing trip. from the countdown to the big move out west... here we go!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

familiar yet foreign

the big move out west climaxes tomorrow when the moving company shows up to transport my things to Vancouver. i saw my family tonight for the first time in six months, and a few of them asked me why i was moving so far away - why to BC? the truth is, i can't really answer that right now, except to say that i've always wanted to move out there, so i am.

being in toronto has been intensely comfortable. I know what neighbourhoods are where, and the bike-friendly route around toronto. it's so nice to see old friends, and stay in my old apartment. i was reading back in my journal today, where i made a comment that i always feel fucked up when i leave a location. i guess that the roadtrip was preparation for the actual move... making toronto just another place to leave.

i have two different places to stay out west, and three different part time jobs lined up between squamish and vancouver. i have an interview for a full time job next week, and need to find an apartment by June 1. this is more than a crossroads of life, it's a freakin' cloverleaf interchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home