after 4 years of dreaming, i'm finally doing it... quitting my stable corporate job, and hitting the road on a solo climbing trip. from the countdown to the big move out west... here we go!

Friday, June 16, 2006

job on the horizon

Well, that was a good six months away from full-time employment, but I'm afraid that it's time to go back.

I think i scored meself a job today. I've been thinking about it for the past couple days, getting psyched up about it - it was a third job interview with two VPs of the company. The company is small, but they're rather particular.

"Why haven't you called my references?" I asked. Trying not to sound cocky, and being quite sincere. "I call them to tell them about other job interviews and they say they haven't heard from this company yet." "If you have any doubts in your mind, which i hope you don't, just talk to them.
I've negotiated a raise in three months, based on a review process that i want outlined in the offer letter. And, they're paying for me to be certified in the trade.

So, I guess that's that. I'll adjust to reality when i sign something.

I guess this girl on the road is switching to girl in the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home